The last chapter, Rivalry or not, all eyes will be on Maria Sharapova vs Serena Williams.
Unfortunately, Serena Williams was forced to pull out of Roland Garros due to an injury on Monday, giving Maria Sharapova a walkover into the quarterfinals.
Serena Williams Interview
- I’m beyond disappointed. I gave up so much, from time with my daughter to
time with my family. I put everything on the court. All for this moment.
- Every match has been getting better for me. Physically, I’m doing great…I can only take solace in the fact that I’m going to get better.
- It’s very difficult because I love playing Maria.
- it’s a match I always get up for and her game matches up against mine.
Maria Sharapove Interview
- I was looking forward to my match against Serena today and am disappointed that she had to withdraw. I wish her a speedy recovery and hope she returns to the tour soon.